Scope of Policy
Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use our services with the creation of a client account.
Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to when they register for webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other OneBig Host events.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
OneBig Host uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with OneBig Host for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of OneBig Host’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain.
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and OneBig Host.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
OneBig Host shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising– Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions– To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data– We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations– To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. OneBig Host may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety– We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of OneBig Host in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent– OneBig Host may share your information with your consent.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within thirty (30) days. OneBig Host will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
For individuals in the EEA, OneBig Host’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. OneBig Host will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for OneBig Host to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, OneBig Host will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
Who we are
We are web hosting and domain resellers, Our website address is: https://onebighost.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.